Do you see something that interests you? Head on over to this blog's new home at www.JustPlainJoy.com and subscribe today!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday's Super Simple Solution: Remembering Birthdays











I enjoy celebrating birthdays, and between my DH and I we have lots of friends and family to honor each year. Unfortunately, we have been known to forget a birthday here and there. Luckily, a few years ago I implemented this birthday-reminder system. The greeting cards are filed by occasion and I keep a list of birthdays and anniversaries for each month on a card that rotates through the clear front pouch.

I also just updated my calendar with the birthdays of my friends' children. We've celebrated six new babies in the past 18 months!

Other tips for remembering birthdays:
  • Tape your list of birthdays to the bathroom mirror, pantry, or the refrigerator.
  • Keep a perpetual calendar that never goes out of date.
  • Tailor your daily planner. Write all the birthdays in a different color pen so they stand out. Keep a post it note as an "alarm" a few days before the next birthday. Once you've mailed out your card, move the post it ahead to the next birthday.
  • Or, to avoid rewriting birthdays every year, write down birthdays in the tabbed divider of your planner and use the dividers the following year.
Some websites that offer reminder services for birthdays:
Final tips:
  • Write and mail cards the first of each month.
  • Address an extra envelope when you send holiday cards and file the envelope by month.
  • Consider sending an e-card (better for the environment and saves you a stamp!)

Print this post Stumble Upon Toolbar

add to kirtsy

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Sunny said...

We have tons of birthdays to acknowledge. Honestly, the best reminder I have come across, my yahoo calendar. I rarely go more than 24 hours without checking my email. I have set up my calendar to send me a reminder one week before each birthday. I leave the reminder in my inbox until I have acknowledged it somehow, card, e-card, email, ect. It works so well for me. Not to mention that for some reason I cannot find my greeting card file since we moved. Hmmm...